This is a test to see the difference in how the graphics are presented after both PhotoShop and Pixelmator have saved them as three common formats. This is what I did:
- Created a new document in each program, 100×100 px in 72 dpi.
- Have made three colours in RGB values and applied them in a similar way to each document.
- Saves each in the three formats PNG, GIF and JPG.
- Open them in a browser (see below) and can see that they differ in colour afterwards. The PhotoShop pics are darker than their Pixelmator twins.
The odd thing is…
- If I open Pixelmator saved pics in PhotoShop, PhotoShop will say the colours are lighter in PxM-pics. And the preview also shows this.
- If I open PhotoShop saved pics in Pixelmator, Pixelmator also shows the PhS-pics as different (darker) in the preview but when checking the colours with the eyedropper tool it says the colours are the same as in the PxM-pics.
UPDATE The issue is solved. ”Save for web” in Pixelmator drops the color profile, thats why they all look different in Pixelmator afterwards, but the same in PhotoShop.